Find your answer
Frequently Asked Questions
How can we help you? Read our frequently asked questions.
What’s in the box?
The e-Videns-i Package (complete box) (part number: EVI1010000) includes the following:
- e-Videns-i VCI + OBD Data Link Cable (160 cm) EVI20100
- e-Videns Security Dongle EVI20200
- e-Videns-i Cable Clip EVI20300
- e-Videns-i Carrying Case EVI20400
- e-Videns-i Data Link Cable (160 cm) EVI20600
- General USB Cable (180 cm) - EVI20700
- No further OBD connectors are required.
What are the system requirements for PC, Laptop and Tablet?
The software should be installed onto a Windows based PC, Laptop or Tablet. The recommended system specifications are:
- Intel Processor, i-core, 1.6Ghz or better (not in Turbo mode)
- Windows 7, Windows 8 (Win 8.1) & Windows 10.
- 4 GB RAM (depending on operating system)
- 4 GB free hard disk space
- Screen with resolution 1440 x 900 or better
- Internet connection (2Mbps or more). You can check the speed of your internet connection and mobile coverage by visiting https://www.nperf.com/en/
- Bluetooth (SPP)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.0 or later
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems are supported, note that 64-bit OS require special handling during installation of USB drivers.
- The program can only be started from accounts with administrator or limited user rights. It is not possible to start the program from a Guest account.
- USB connection is also available, however, we recommend wireless connection via Bluetooth for ease of use.
Where do I find the necessary additional programs?
You can find the necessary programs from the websites below: - Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 http://www.microsoft.com - Adobe Acrobat Reader http://www.adobe.com Since the e-Videns operation is protected via a USB dongle you can install and run the e-Videns software onto multiple devices in your workshop (as long as the dongle is inserted during installation and operation).